User Log On
Update on Campus wide repairs june  22

This post has been viewed 2777 times.

Printable Version
Email to a Friend
Subscribe: Email, RSS

Update on Campus wide repairs june 22

Posted by: Pulelehua on Fri, Jun 22, 2018

'Ohana Lani and Sanctuary updated floorplans

Our Church Staff are all working in the Loft in Ohana Lani. Blessings on them as they work in this busy time of changes.

Sanctuary. The ladies room is complete with the exception of the stall partitions; we expect those partitions to be installed shortly. The kitchen layout is complete and new floor tile has been installed. There is a temporary delay in the work on the rest of the sanctuary until we get the final work permit; this will allow us to close up the walls. Work will proceed quickly as soon as we have the final permit and the expected order of rooms to be completed will be men’s bathroom, kitchen, bride’s room.

Old Parsonage/Hale Aloha. All work is proceeding as planned for this building. Angel Network Charities (ANC) has reopened for guests on June 7th. Expected completion date for all work in the building by the middle of July. The current plan will be to have the school toddler class in the same place it was prior to the flood. The multi-purpose room will be a temporary primary classroom for the school until the work is done in the old sanctuary/’Ohana Lani. The ANC team is restoring Makana Lani the temporary building/trailer on the mauka end of the building and that will be available for use by the end of July as well.

Ohana Lani floorplanOld Sanctuary/’Ohana Lani. More work will be required in this building than originally anticipated. We have discovered issues with the electrical and plumbing which require us to make some modifications to the design. As a result, the building permit has been delayed while we incorporate all of the necessary changes. In the interim, we are restoring the children’s bathrooms as a mini-project to have them ready for school opening in early August. We are also taking this opportunity to fix the problem with the broken concrete around the playground tree and will have that resolved prior to school opening. We are evaluating where we will put the other school primary classroom so that we can open school in August with all students on campus. When the full scope and cost of the project is known we will provide an update and discuss any impact to the spending authorized at our Special Congregation Meeting in May.

We are all very excited about the positive changes that will result from the flood repairs. Please be patient with all of us as we work to get the repairs done as quickly as possible while maintaining the functionality of the property for planned activities.